If I have not mentioned it before, I LOVE taking pictures! I am always taking pics of our little one (because the oldest won't let me photograph him anymore!) and everything around me. I often email my pics to family and friends…and I often wish I had printed out a pic for them instead. My FIL likes to put photos on his fridge, well, he can't do that with an email! I always intend on getting pics made for him, but it seems I never do get around to doing it. Imagine my delight when I was contacted by Postcardly!
While other services can turn digital photos into postcards, Postcardly has simplified the process by letting you send a postcard with a quick email—no app, no uploads. Just email. In fact, the only time you ever have to go to the Postcardly web site is to set up your account.
When people sign up, they create Postcardly email addresses that correspond to physical mailing addresses. It’s a one-time set up. After that, when you email grandma at, for example, email@example.com, your grandma gets a postcard mailed to her house. You attach a photo to an email the way you normally would—then we print and mail your postcard with your attached photo on the front, and your words on the back.
The company, which has been beta testing since February, has received rave reviews from Postcardly testers. People have sent postcards of their kid’s first ski lift ride in , their new puppy’s stick-chasing adventures on the coast, and a family’s spring break in . The company even got some unexpected feedback from college students, who love the idea of a "retro" paper postcard delivered by mail—but it's even more fun because the postcard has a personal snapshot.
To learn more about Postcardly or to sign up, go to http://www.postcardly.com
Create and send a postcard from a single email.
Send postcards from your phone, computer, or anywhere you have email.
- No app, nothing to download.
- 3-postcard FREE TRIAL available
- Reasonable rate options to choose from:
- $19.99 for 20 prepaid postcards
- 5 postcards a month for $4.99/month, or 15 postcards a month for $9.99/month
- additional postcards for 99 cents each
- price includes postage
- I had a couple Postcardly's made for Grandpa & Grandma…they were so happy to receive them! I made one for myself too, just so I could see the finished product. I had one made of a pic I took in NYC this past summer. Hubby liked the finished product so much, he took it to work & has it up on his bulletin board! I think Postcardly is a great idea, and I look forward to using their service…a lot! The postcard arrived very quickly, the card stock is of a very high quality, not flimsy or thin. The colors were true to the original colors in my photo. 5 Stars, Thumbs up, all the way!!!
Postcardly has been kind enough to offer all my Mommy Powers readers the chance to win 10 FREE Postcardly's! I will be choosing 2 winners, each will receive a code good for 10 free postcards, compliments of Postcardly! Open to US residents only, must be 18 years old to enter. Thak you, Postcardly, for allowing me to host such an awesome giveaway!
- 1. Mandatory entry: Follow my blog & leave me a comment, including your email address, letting me know you did! That's it-easy peasy!
- 2. Extra entry! Follow me on twitter: @mommypowers & leave me a comment with your twitter name & email address stating so.
Winners will be chosen Monday Nov. 7, 2011! You must get your entries in by 11:59 PM -Nov. 6, 2011. Good Luck!