This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Latina Mom Bloggers and Disney Studios. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Happiness, it’s something we all want…right?! I mean no matter what race, religion, or nationality we are- we all share that one thing in common- we all want to be HAPPY. Unfortunately, there are many obstacles and stumbling blocks in this thing called life that sometimes robs us of our happiness and steals our joy.
I, for one, have experienced many devastating events in my life that have left me anything but happy. I’m sure you can all relate, I’ve never met anyone that hasn’t been through something bad in their life. I recently had a breakthrough, after finding out my Mom was suffering from Dementia, that has me looking at life completely differently than I did before. You see, we don’t know what tomorrow holds- so we need to start making the most of each and every day we are blessed with. That’s what life is- a blessing.
Here are a few ways I am helping my family to live a happier, healthier life:
1. Be mindful of what you say. Words can and do have the power to hurt. Really think about what you say, especially to your kids. Words can leave emotional scars that linger far longer than physical ones.
2. Get outside! Just a few minutes outside can really improve your mood and turn your whole day around. The fresh air and sunshine (not to mention all that Vitamin D) will have you smiling and happy in no time.
3. Eat a balanced diet. I know it’s just common sense, but really try to avoid excess junk foods. All that sugar, and artificial ingredients can wreck havoc with your body. Come comida that’s good for you.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Seriously, don’t get upset about petty stuff that really doesn’t matter- life’s too short.
5. Try to enjoy meals together, as a family. The dinner table is a great place to reconnect with everyone after a long day. Share the day’s events and engage con tus hijos, they want and need your attention.
6. Enjoy Family Night! Plan to celebrate at least one night a week together, the whole familia. Whether you go out to your fave restaurant, go bowling or stay in for movie night…just enjoy each other! Remember you’re creating memories your children will cherish for years to come.
We love Movie Night in our home – it’s something we all look forward to. Some of our favorite family movies are Disney Classics, the latest is Big Hero 6. This action-packed comedy adventure is about Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. Our little guy loves Big Hero 6 and was so HAPPY to watch it. Big Hero 6 is now available on Disney Movies Anywhere & on Blu-Ray Feb. 24, 2015!
7 Day Instagram #BigHero6Sweeps Photo Challenge!
I’m participating in a #BigHero6Sweeps photo challenge and I’d like to invite all of you to take part in it too. The theme is “Happiness & Health to Live A Better Life Everyday” – and takes place between Feb. 22-28th. There are great prizes, including a $500 Disney Store GC & Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray Combo Pack.
You can also join us on Feb. 24th, from 9-10PM EST for the #BigHero6Sweeps Twitter Party!
Here are the prompts for the Instagram Challenge: But I’m not done yet! I have a sweet GIVEAWAY for you guys! That’s right I’m giving away a Big Hero 6 Blu-Ray Combo Pack to one lucky reader!! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The prize was provided by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and I have been paid to blog and promote the film. Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this giveaway. All opinions expressed in the post are my own.