I’ve seen it all- I really have. Folks are hatin’ on the Vogue cover of Kim Kardashian & Kanye West. People are so upset they have cancelled their Vogue subscriptions, others refuse to unwrap their copy of the magazine they received in the mail. Really?!
(Here’s the cover, courtesy of Vogue’s website)
I get that Vogue is high fashion and KimYe aren’t … but to get all bent outta shape over a magazine cover… a MAGAZINE COVER? It makes no sense to me. I know both Kim and Kanye have their haters… and I know lots of folks are totally pissed because of the interracial thing (get over it folks!) – but to get mad, angry, irrate over a magazine cover, that’s just not me.
You know what gets me upset? Knowing that every 20 seconds, a child in a third world country dies from a vaccine preventable disease. THAT angers me, not a Vogue cover!
The fact that there’s been a measles outbreak in Southern CA- that upsets me.
DID YOU KNOW …
* 1 in 5 children around the world doesn’t have access to the vaccines they need to survive.
* Around the world, a child dies every 20 seconds from a disease that can be prevented by a vaccine.
* The number of children dying every year from preventable diseases in developing countries, is nearly equivalent to half the children entering kindergarten in the U.S.
The Shot@Life Organization
wants to ensure that children everywhere have a shot at a happy, healthy, long life. Every Child Matters, no matter where they live. Not every mother has the option of picking up the phone and scheduling an appointment with a pediatrician. Not all children has access to life-saving vaccines. Some mothers walk 15 miles, in the blazing Africa heat, just for the chance
at having their child vaccinated.
This month, we’re asking supporters across the country, to raise their voices & advocate for a common cause. Shot@Life wants/needs sustaining support from Congress for global vaccine programs. No child should ever die from a preventable disease. Ever!
I’m a Shot@Life Champion, representing the state of CA. My voice matters & so does yours. Together with Shot@Life, I’m helping to save the lives of hundreds, if not thousands, of children. I can’t think of many things more important than saving the life of a child, can you?
Do you want to help us save children’s lives? Shot@Life is working with advocates throughout several geographical regions. During each region’s week of actions, we can earn points
by doing certain things.
I’m going to list a few examples, they’re so easy, you can do them from the comfort of your living room. Shot@Life has set a goal of 500 advocacy actions, and I know we’re going to blow that number out of the water!
How You Can Help:
* Take action & share this letter with your member(s) of Congress. Easy-peasy.
* Have a blog? Write an article and share with your tribe. You’re a writer, right? Use your words to save innocent lives!
* Share our story on facebook and twitter using the hastag #Adv2Vax – here’s a sample tweet, copy and paste: “Take action! Join @ShotatLife’s Advocate2Vaccinate, a coast-to-coast challenge for global vax. http://shotatlife.org/advocate2vaccinate.html #adv2vax.”
* Contact your local paper to have a letter published – Shot@Life has a sample letter to make it easy for you. No excuses! Call your local TV stations about an interview!
* Contact Congress using the Shot@Life App. Let them know EVERY CHILD MATTERS!
* Make an Online Donation
, just $5 can protect a child from measles & polio for a lifetime!
* Pledge your support, join us!
Being a Shot@Life Champion is one of the most important things I’ve ever done in my entire life. We’re saving precious lives, each and every day. Every child matters, no matter where they were born or where they currently live.
In closing, senseless deaths of children- that’s what angers me… not a Vogue cover.